Friday, February 8, 2013


February 8th, 2013
I have been going through some of my art inspirations and came across a couple that I have hung on to for years.  I re-read them over and over.  So, I thought I would share them.

Fashion Designer Eileen Fisher, by almost any standard, Eileen Fisher was an immediate success. In 1984, with $350 in the bank, she showed four of her clothing designs at a show in New York and $3000  in orders. Three months later she received $40,000 more. Today, Eileen Fisher clothes, high quality, simple comfortable, are found in major department stores as well as 32 shops bear her name. In 2003 her company had $154 million in revenue. "Yes, I'm successful,"  says Fisher, 54," but, I've only considered myself successful for the last 6 months ." Huh? "It's about not contorting myself to meet the approval of others."

Georgia O'Keefe " I decided to start anew, to strip away what I had been taught."





There are so many more, but these have really stuck with me, risks and following your passion, your way.

I started my portrait drawing class, it's great! It's feels so good to be drawing again.  Remember to make this a creative day!  Peace, Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment