Sunday, October 5, 2014

Crows, Crows,Crows!!!!

'The Gossips'
12"x 36" x 2.5"
Acrylic

Two of my paintings have been juried into the 2nd Annual Crow show in Midtown  at the:

 Atelier 20 gallery
915 20th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814

Artist's reception October 11th, 4 pm - 6 pm

It's that time of year, and what a great theme for an art show. I love crows! I had so much fun painting the crow pieces! I add crows in a lot of my artwork.  They are very symbolic, mysterious, mischievous, and beautiful.  When you take the time to really look at a crow, you can see their many colors and color reflections among the feathers. They are fun to watch and each one has it's own personality.  I painted 'The Gossips' because when I watch them, they seem to be telling secrets, mischievous, juicy bits of gossip.....................................

  
'Clowning Around'
24" x 24" x 2.5"
Acrylic

And of course they play and love shiny objects (who doesn't). That is the theme of my second crow painting, always clowning around, finding  treasures, playing with them, and hiding them.     


http://www.kristihughesdesign.com/atelier-20

Kristi Huges, owner of Atelier 20 is an amazing well known interior design and artist. She created her fun and beautiful space about two years ago in midtown. 
I got lost among all the unique treasures: paintings, sculptures, jewelry,and yes lots of crows!  Her space has a wonderful gallery, with great natural light. 

 Thank you, Kristi for including me in this fun show!

Come on down and enjoy this fun show! My crows are looking for a new home, it might be yours!












No comments:

Post a Comment